Tuesday 30 October 2007

Candy Curiosity

My time in New York so far has certainly been busy and exhilarating although not so much between the hours of 8a.m. and 5.30p.m. To such an extent that I wouldn’t actually say I was being underpaid for the amount of work I do, despite only earning $200 a week.

Anyway, I’ve decided to entertain myself over the past few weeks by making my way through the contents of the office vending machine. A whole new world of bizarrely named chocolate bars and crisps has been explored, my favourite being the inexplicably named, Oh, Henry! However, one option had remained unselected until today when I finally plucked up the courage to choose ‘B6’ – Fritolay’s peanut butter filled cheese crackers.

Now I’m not a man who’s unwilling to experiment with food. I’ve eaten a chapatti sandwich and enjoyed it, yet there was something about the neon-orange colour of these crackers that didn’t fill me with a great deal of confidence about the quality of my purchase. I made my way through three of the four crackers before deciding that not only did I not particularly like them but that I was starting to feel quite queasy. That feeling still remains as I type this and I find myself thinking, “Oh, Henry! Why did I ever betray you?”

1 comment:

San Sharma said...

I love Oh Henry! The gayest of all candy bars. And candy's a gay scene too.